I began my career as a professional educator with Hoover City Schools in 1998. I taught at Gwin Elementary for eight years and then was a district math coach for two years at Bluff Park, Greystone, Riverchase and Trace Crossings. I served as the Assistant Principal at Bluff Park for five years prior to becoming the Principal at South Shades Crest in 2013.
I have my undergraduate degree in Education from Auburn University and my Masters, Administrative certification and PhD in Education from UAB. My husband, Marc and I have two children.
· Auburn University BS Early Childhood Education
· University of Alabama at Birmingham Masters Early Childhood Education
· University of Alabama at Birmingham Administration Certification
· University of Alabama at Birmingham PhD
I love to read what I see the student reading!! I am often asking them to recommend books to me and I enjoy being able to talk to them about what they have read.
- My favorite books are:
- Harry Potter by J.K Rowling
- Chronicles of Narnia by C.S Lewis
- Wild Child by Lynn Plourde